*Batch Cooking Recipe*
Tiny red aduki beans deliver a low-fat source of protein and fiber while balancing the flavor of sweet potatoes and bitter greens.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth, divided
- 4 green onions, sliced and dark green parts reserved for garnish
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch collard greens, thick stems removed and leaves sliced 1-inch wide
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added aduki beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 teaspoons toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring 1/2 cup broth to a simmer over medium high heat. Add white and light green parts of green onions and red bell pepper and cook about 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Reduce heat to medium and stir in remaining 1/2 cup broth, collards and beans. Cover and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until collards are wilted and tender, stirring occasionally.
Divide greens between 2 bowls. Top with potatoes, sliced green onions, sunflower seeds and lime wedges and serve.