*Batch Cooking Recipe*
This recipe can easily be cut in half to make a smaller batch. Keep cooking times the same but use exactly half of each ingredient.
- 8 1/2 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cups dried yellow split peas
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
Uncover and continue to simmer 15 minutes. Carefully purée soup with a hand held immersion blender or in batches in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Garnish with pumpkin seeds.