*Batch Cooking Recipe*
Serve these hearty veggie burgers on whole grain buns with your favorite condiments. A great make-ahead recipe, instructions for freezing and cooking from frozen are included.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Tabasco or other hot sauce
To freeze the burgers, bake and cool them, then wrap in foil or freezer-safe wrap; unwrap the burgers and reheat them in the microwave, or place them on a pan and bake in a 300°F oven until hot, about 25 minutes.