*Batch Cooking Recipe*
Use applesauce and almond milk to make these dairy-free cornbread muffins with chopped nuts adding texture and flavor. Leftover muffins can be frozen.
- 1 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almondmilk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts
Whisk together cornmeal, flour, flaxseed, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate small bowl, whisk together almondmilk, applesauce and honey. Stir honey mixture into cornmeal mixture. Add corn and nuts and stir until combined.
Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full. Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.